Bring The 2012 No Body Bashing™ Workshop for your School or Group Today!
- Body Bashing™ has become a socially acceptable behavior where people speak negatively about their bodies, other people’s bodies or food. Examples include, “I shouldn’t eat this”, “My thighs are fat”, “That girl shouldn’t wear skinny jeans”, “I am so bad for eating dessert”, “You should follow x diet because this celebrity did it”, etc.
- Are you interested in having youth in your community learn how to stop this behavior and become empowered to shift cultural focus from diets and negative body image to healthy living at every size?
- Schedule a No Body Bashing™ Workshop. This one hour interactive empowering workshop includes lessons about body image, self esteem, nutrition, intuitive eating, exercise, media awareness, critical thinking, leadership and much more. We offer several ways to bring this to your group:
- Bridget Loves, Founder & Executive Director of Fed Up Inc., teaches workshops in the LA area (please inquire for travel outside LA).
- Training and Certification Program. Adults and Teens are invited to become certified to teach The No Body Bashing™ Workshop in their community. Training is just two hours and includes certification to teach the workshop and No Body Bashing™ Club for 12 months.
- For Program Availability and Pricing see below.
- Participants will learn to feel better about their bodies; rely less on numbers (scales, clothing size, calories, etc.); learn healthy eating habits that don’t tie into diets (hunger signals, intuitive eating, moderation); choose activities they like as exercise; create healthy boundaries; have more mutual respect; develop critical thinking skills in regards to media; and become empowered to create positive authentic change.
- Participants will leave educated about No Body Bashing™ and empowered to create social change by educating their community. They will sign The No Body Bashing™ Pledge: “I will not speak negatively about my body, other people’s bodies or food,” and encourage others to do the same.
- Groups will also receive The No Body Bashing™ Club Curriculum. This is a peer-led group designed to enable workshop participants to work with others in their community to implement what they have learned and create authentic change.
- Loves developed No Body Bashing™ in 2009 as part of the Fed Up Inc. Intro Program taught in schools. Inspired to reach a larger audience, she developed this campaign to reinforce Fed Up’s mission.
- Read what Miss America 2007, our students, teachers and supporters think of Fed Up Inc. and No Body Bashing™ HERE.
No Body Bashing™ Program Pricing and Availability:
- Book Bridget Loves to teach a workshop in the Los Angeles area for just $10.00 per student. Workshops are best suited for groups of 30-75 students. There is a $300.00 minimum booking fee. Travel is also available.
- No Body Bashing™ Training and Certification is available to Adults and Teens for just $195.00 and includes: two hour training, certification to teach the program for 12 months, and the curriculum for both the workshop and club.
- Assemblies are available starting at $1,500.00.
- To schedule a workshop or become certified please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310.883.4135.
Ways to SUPPORT The No Body Bashing™ Campaign:
1. Take The No Body Bashing™ Pledge: I will not speak negatively about my body, other people’s bodies or food.
Take the PLEDGE BY CLICKING HERE
2. Join our social network and ask friends and family to do the same.
Facebook Fan Page: Fed Up Inc.
3. Create a No Body Bashing™ “swear jar”. Simply recycle a jar and decorate it with the words “No Body Bashing™.” Fine yourself and those around you who violate the Pledge! This is a great way to learn for yourself.
4. Buy a No Body Bashing™ t-shirt to show your support. We have super soft American Apparel white jersey short sleeve t-shirts with our super cool logo available for $20.00. Proceeds will benefit the 2012 No Body Bashing™ Campaign. Wear the shirt to show support and promote the zone around you! Priority shipping is just $5.00. To buy it just CLICK HERE to visit our Shop or see below:
*Please note these are American Apparel form fitting shirts so ask us about size if you are unsure!
5. Book a Workshop! We are offering one hour workshops on our tour in the US, Canada and the UK. Email email@example.com to find out when we are in your area. You can also book below:
6. Ask us about becoming trained and certified to teach The No Body Bashing™ Workshop!! Email us firstname.lastname@example.org